[CFT/RFC]: refactor bsd.prog.mk to understand multiple programs instead of a singular program

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 26 16:54:15 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 07:19:55AM -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> Hmmm... that's one of the 3 approaches I provided, but it turned out
> 1. Test programs live with the sources (this was the requested approach), e.g.
> 2. Test programs live in subdirs:
> 3. Test programs completely decoupled from the source tree:

Could someone please commit at least one working .c test and one .sh test?

There is nothing to follow for others trying to write their own tests
in the FreeBSD-way.

I could not find a single consumer of ATF in HEAD.  This makes it seem
this is still a WIP that should be living in a branch and not in HEAD.
But we're paying the price for checkout & build times, etc...
See the recent 9.1-R thread and Peter Wemm (and others) comments in this
regard.
(this is why I hadn't committed the WIP I had - it wasn't ready for HEAD)

thanks,
--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)