NFS server bottlenecks

Nikolay Denev ndenev at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 11:43:07 UTC 2012

On Oct 18, 2012, at 6:11 PM, Nikolay Denev <ndenev at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 15, 2012, at 5:34 PM, Ivan Voras <ivoras at freebsd.org> wrote:

>>> Applied and compiled OK, I will be able to test it tomorrow.
>>
>> Ok, thanks!
>>
>> The differences should be most visible in edge cases with a larger
>> number of nfsd processes (16+) and many CPU cores.
>
> I'm now rebooting with your patch, and hopefully will have some results tomorrow.

Here are the results from testing both patches : http://home.totalterror.net/freebsd/nfstest/results.html
Both tests ran for about 14 hours ( a bit too much, but I wanted to compare different zfs recordsize settings ),
and were done first after a fresh reboot.
The only noticeable difference seems to be much more context switches with Ivan's patch.