[CFT/RFC]: refactor bsd.prog.mk to understand multiple programs instead of a singular program

George Neville-Neil gnn at neville-neil.com
Thu Oct 4 16:11:23 UTC 2012

On Oct 2, 2012, at 10:37 , John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:

> This is very non-obvious to the public at large (e.g. there was no public
> response to one group's inquiry about the second ATF import for example).
> Also, given that you had no idea that sgf@ and obrien@ were working on
> importing NetBSD's bmake as a prerequisite for ATF, it seems that whatever
> discussions were held were not very detailed at best.  I think it would be
> good to have the various folks working on ATF to at least summarize the
> current state of things and sketch out some sort of plan or roadmap for future
> work in a public forum (such as atf@, though a summary mail would be quite
> appropriate for arch@).

I take partial responsibility for the privacy of the discussions hitherto.
My apologies, it should have be moved out onto a public list sooner.

But, I would like to drive this to a solution on arch at .  We don't have an
atf@, but we do have a test@ and testing at .  We have too many mailing
lists already, so let's finish this up here if we can and then
continue talking on testing at .

Best,
George