8 to 9: Kernel modularization -- did it change?

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 17 17:56:23 UTC 2012

On 02/17/12 19:43, Alex Goncharov wrote:
> A technical question: I have the saved (from 8) copies of
> /boot/device.hints for the laptops in question which have lines like:
>
>    hint.hdac.0.cad0.nid22.config="as=1 seq=15 device=Headphones"
>
> there.
>
> What's the best way to use this in 9?  To add to the bottom of
> /boot/device.hints?  Or use in /boot/loader.conf somehow, as was
> suggested in one of the replies in this thread?  If in loader.conf,
> what's the correct syntax?

I am not ready to tell you which way is more correct in theory, because
in practice all of them are working. I personally prefer to have
everything set in my /boot/loader.conf. The syntax is equal.

--
Alexander Motin