Kerberos and FreeBSD

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 8 16:57:49 UTC 2012

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012, Ansar Mohammed wrote:

> Hello All,
> Is the port of Heimdal on FreeBSD being maintained? The version that
> ships with 9.0 seems a bit old.
>
> #> /usr/libexec/kdc-v
> kdc (Heimdal 1.1.0)
> Copyright 1995-2008 Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan
> Send bug-reports to heimdal-bugs at h5l.org

My understanding is that every five years or so, someone becomes fed up
enough with the staleness of the "current" version and puts in the effort
to merge in a newer version.
It looks like 3 years ago, dfr brought in that Heimdal 1.1 you see, to
replace the Heimdal 0.6 that nectar brought in 8 years ago.
I don't know of anyone with active plans to bring in a new version, at
present.

-Ben Kaduk