[RFT][patch] Scheduling for HTT and not only

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Wed Feb 8 11:06:59 UTC 2012

On 06/02/2012 20:10, Alexander Best wrote:

> btw: does anybody know, if there are plans to commit the BFS scheduler to HEAD

BFS is available but I think it needs more work on it before it can be
useful; it didn't explore some optimizations it could have and currently
spends much more time in lock contention with itself that necessary.
I.e. it's usable only in very borderline cases.

> algorithm would be a scheduling infrastructure similar to GEOM. that way it
> would be much easier to implement new algorithms (maybe in XML).

I don't think XML would be applicable beyond fine-tuning an already
existing scheduler (unless we implement a whole Turing-complete
sublanguage in it :) ). Someone mentioned on a list that he has a
"pluggable scheduler" infrastructure ready - this would be a necessary
first step in modularization.