Replacing BIND with unbound

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Tue Aug 21 09:18:38 UTC 2012

Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> writes:
> Dag-Erling, do you have a timeline for getting started on the
> ldns/unbound import?

I imported the code into the vendor tree, but did not proceed any
further as there was still no firm consensus at the time.

I believe the conclusion - to the extent that there was one - was that
people were fine with tossing out BIND and importing ldns to replace the
client bits, as long as we had suitable drop-in replacements for host(1)
and dig(1), but there was no consensus on whether to import unbound.

I'll start working on getting ldns into head this weekend.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no