SMALL FreeBSD capable board

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Aug 7 18:50:16 UTC 2012

On Aug 5, 2012, at 8:36 AM, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> i am looking for SMALL and specifically low power board that can run from battery, can run FreeBSD and have at least one ethernet and one USB port, and reasonable amount of memory (32MB at least).
> WiFi not needed. some more than few MB flash is, as well as about 10 GPIO ports or useful SPI port.
>
> I already see a lot of useful supported ones in source tree, with ARM and MIPS.
>
> I want to make portable router PLUS my own add own hardware, and have full control over software running on it.
>
> Any recommendation.
>
> Ethernut 5 seems great
> http://www.ethernut.de/en/hardware/enut5/index.html
>
> but no info about price and availability in Poland

You're looking at about $250 or EU 200 for that.

I'd recommend something like:

http://www.glomationinc.com/product_9G20u.html

which is US$55 + shipping.  A friend got one too and will be building an alarm clock out of it (complicated one).

http://www.mini-box.com/pico-SAM9G45-X

which is US$69, but has a 4 week lead time.  I have both of these on order.

NAND isn't yet supported, but is high on my Atmel hit list.

Warner