On cooperative work [Was: Re: newbus' ivar's limitation..]

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 2 16:54:28 UTC 2012

On 08/02/2012 09:44, Garrett Cooper wrote:

> The "Watson/Losh connection" worked really well in BSDCan 2010 :).

I wasn't going to mention that, since I didn't want to tell tales out of
school. But the fact that remote participation actually was provided for
"the right people," even though I was told repeatedly that it wasn't
possible, actually highlights a big part of the problem.

> Advertising the teleconferencing lines might be an issue (I would
> have loved to have joined in some of the remote conferences, if for
> nothing more than be a fly on the wall, this year), but that's a
> separate thing aside.

At various points when I was asking for remote participation at BSDCAN
different people offered to provide this through their company's
teleconferencing solutions, providing that the organizers could put a
phone line in the room(s). They were told that it wasn't possible to do
that.

Doug

--

    I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do
    something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what