Add user to croosworld DESTDIR

rank1seeker at gmail.com rank1seeker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:06:27 UTC 2011

When I wana add user into DESTDIR, I chroot into it.
However, in this case, DESTDIR has an arch of amd64, while running machine is i386.
So that isn't an option as all execute attempts would fail(Exec format error).

I've tried with pw's '-V etcdir' flag and it did created user in amd64 DESTDIR, BUT without home dir!

I've found this:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=2108497+0+archive/2001/freebsd-questions/20011028.freebsd-questions

I did however, managed to writte wrapper function, which created home and mail layout, as would original FreeBSD installation.
BUT, all $DESTDIR/home/$USER dirs, are owned by 0:0 and I can't find a way to chown it to DESTDIR user.

That LAST step is all I need.
Anyone has any idea?

Domagoj Smolčić