cron(8) mis-feature with @reboot long after system startup

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 25 22:08:06 UTC 2011

On 11/25/2011 08:09, Cy Schubert wrote:
> You're right. Sorry. It was late, after a long night of O/T.

Actually I was in the same boat, which is why my reply was even grumpier
than usual, sorry.

Meanwhile I like your suggestion of having cron check that it's within
$time_period before running the @reboot jobs. I'm not quite so sure that
the current behavior needs to be preserved though ... I doubt people
purposely restart cron often enough to be anything but surprised  by the
current behavior.

Doug

--

		"We could put the whole Internet into a book."
		"Too practical."