Limiting disk I/O by jail or uid?

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Mon Nov 21 17:47:30 UTC 2011

I have a process that tends to eat up all available disk bandwidth.  I have other processes that I would like to have preference over this one process.  Is there a facility that would allow me to assign priorities based on jail ID or uid?

This is on 8-stable (but will upgrade to 9 soon) on ZFS.

The straightforward solution is to separate the datasets onto their own disks, which I'm planning to do, but a software facility would be that much more flexible.

Thanks,
Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811