Prebind from OpenBSD

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Sun Mar 27 01:38:36 UTC 2011

Hello FreeBSDers,

I'm interested in working on the "Port prebind from OpenBSD" project
mentioned on the FreeBSD Ideas page.
( http://wiki.freebsd.org/IdeasPage#head-d28cdd95ca1755d5afe63d653cb4926d4bdc99de )

There isn't much to go on from the project description and I'm curious
what FreeBSD devs are looking for specifically. For example, should the
entire ldconfig program be ported from OpenBSD (it looks like it's close
enough to FreeBSD's to make that suitable), or should just the prebind
code be merged into FreeBSD's ldcnfig?

Once the project is complete, who should the work be submitted to? Has
anyone else worked on this and made any progress?

Thanks,
Jesse