Add setacl system call?

exorcistkiller exorcistkiller at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 08:40:33 UTC 2011

Hi, I'm working on a course project in which I need to add 3 system calls.
One of which is setacl(char *name, int type, int idnum, int perms), which
set acl for a file specified by name. I used newfs as in
ftp://ftp.tw.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sbin/newfs/ to make
this new filesystem, named myfs (which really is UFS2) and mounted it.

My question is:
1) where to start with?
2) Is this filesystem actually a userland UFS and I can use functions in
libufs(3)?
3) What about functions in ufs_acl.c? Should the acls be stored on the
extended attributes blocks? Does FreeBSD 8.2 support it?

I know I'm asking stupid questions, but a small hint might help me a lot.
Thank you so much..