Capsicum project: Ideas needed

Ilya Bakulin webmaster at kibab.com
Mon Jul 11 12:08:06 UTC 2011

chroot constraints only filesystem namespace, but doesn't prevent process
from sending/receiving data via network, or from accessing other global
namespaces such as PID namespace, SHM namespace, and from executing any
system calls.
In contract to chroot, Capsicum framework significantly increases
application security by restricting access to all mentioned namespaces.
More information about Capsicum, its design and goals is available here:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/security/capsicum/papers/2010usenix-security-capsicum-website.pdf

--
Regards,
Ilya Bakulin