what is the RIGHT(TM) way to configure background DHCP?

Lowell Gilbert Lowell at Be-Well.Ilk.Org
Mon Jul 4 14:47:08 UTC 2011

"deeptech71 at gmail.com" <deeptech71 at gmail.com> writes:

> moving [ http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2011-June/231301.html
> ] to the freebsd-hackers list, as there doesn't seem to be enough 1337
> people in the freebsd-questions list. :<

You might want to try rewording your question, because it didn't make
any sense the first time.  [All of your examples were commented out, so
it was no surprise that they didn't work.]

I considered trying to use my chrystal ball to guess that you needed
"SYNCDHCP" in your interface config, but you had obviously read the
manual for rc.conf(5), so that seemed unlikely...