man 3 getopt char * const argv[] - is const wrong ?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Sun Feb 13 12:20:41 UTC 2011

Hi Hackers
Ref.: man 3 getopt
	int getopt(int argc, char * const argv[], const char *optstring);

Ref.: K&R 2nd Ed P.211 last indent, 2nd sentence
	The purpose of const is to announce objjects that may be
	placed in read-only memory, and perhaps to increas opportunities
	for optimization

optstring is obviously const,
but I don't see that argv can calim to be const ?

Did some ISO standard redefine const ? If so URL please ?
(I learnt my C from K&R #1 decades ago :-)

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
  Reply below indented '> ' original, to read like a play script, in order.