CFR: FEATURE macros for AUDIT/CAM/IPC/KTR/MAC/NFS/NTP/PMC/SYSV/...

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 12 19:09:00 UTC 2011

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 00:52:48 +0000 (GMT) Robert Watson
> <rwatson at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
>> The one comment I'd make is that the MAC case should indicate that "The MAC
>> Framework" is supported, rather than mandatory access controls being
>> present -- the presence of the framework doesn't imply the presence of
>> mandatory access control policies.
>
> Does
> FEATURE(mac, "Mandatory Access Control Framework support");
> look better?
>
> Alternatively/additionally we could use mac_framework as the name of the
> feature.

The above seems fine -- while I've been moving to names like mac_framework.h,
it's still "options MAC" and "security/mac", etc, and think that "mac" is the
most consistent options.

Robert