Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Wed Oct 27 13:30:50 UTC 2010

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:04:39 +0200 (CEST)
Oliver Fromme <olli at lurza.secnetix.de> wrote:

> I'm also against printing a warning for values less than 600.
> If I want to set the value to 300, I don't want to be slapped
> with a useless warning.

Having just checked Windows and seen that it lets you specify a timeout
down to 1 minute with no warnings, I don't think we want to make it
more difficult for people to do the same thing on FreeBSD.  I don't
know if atacontrol already does this, but maybe we could have a log
entry, for example:

> atacontrol /dev/ad0 spindown 60
spin-down timer set to 60 seconds.

--