fix pnpinfo on arch=amd64

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Mon Oct 25 14:27:21 UTC 2010

On Monday, October 25, 2010 9:34:37 am Erik Trulsson wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 08:45:47AM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> > On Saturday, October 23, 2010 8:22:48 pm Alexander Best wrote:
> > > this tiny patch will fix pnpinfo so it doesn't core dump (bus error) any
> > > longer on arch=amd64.
> >
> > This utility isn't really useful on amd64 though.  No amd64 machines have ISA
> > slots in which to place an ISA PnP adapter.
>
> Are you really sure about that?
>
> See  http://www.ibase.com.tw/2009/mb945.htmL  or
> http://www.adek.com/ATX-motherboards.html  for what certainly looks like
> counter-examples.

Hmm, well, I suspect in this case these boards exist to support really
ancient custom hardware.  If you are stuck with one of these, then manually
needing to fix up pnpinfo.c is probably the least of your problems.  However,
I strongly doubt that FreeBSD users are lining up to buy these motherboards
so they can use an ISA SB16 adapter with FreeBSD/amd64.

I was not aware of these boards previously, but I still doubt that pnpinfo is
relevant to any FreeBSD/amd64 users.

--
John Baldwin