Radeon DRI/3D status

xorquewasp at googlemail.com xorquewasp at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 19 21:11:40 UTC 2010

Hello.

What's the current status of DRI/3D support with the 4xxx range of ATI
cards?

I'm on 8.0-RELEASE and have just installed a (borrowed) 4870 card. I
get working dual monitor support but only software rasterization in
xorg.

The intention is to replace a broken x1950 card with something at least
slightly newer but I can't find any real information (other than an
apparently outdated wiki page) that suggests anything is or isn't
supported.

Failing that, I'll take anything with half decent 3D support that
doesn't require a blob...

xw