anyone got advice on sendmail and TLS on 8.1?

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Sun Oct 10 21:45:02 UTC 2010

  When I last did sendmail there wasn't any TLS/SSL stuff.

has anyone got an exact howto  as to how to enable a simple sendmail
server?

all I want is:

TLS and authenticated email submission by me and my family
able to forward the email anywhere (maybe just to my ISP but who
knows) (outgoing)
non TLS submission from outside to reject all mail not to
elischer.{org,com}
and deliver our mail to mailboxes or gmail (or where-ever /etc/aliases
says.).

This is probably ALMOST a default configuration
but I can't be sure what is needed.. there are several
howtos on hte net but they are generally old and differ in details.

Julian

It's a simple enough request that he default sendmail install should
probably do it..
probably no need to move to postfix or anything.