FreeBSD development on Mac OS

Tim Kientzle tim at kientzle.com
Mon Nov 22 05:56:30 UTC 2010

On Nov 21, 2010, at 8:44 PM, mdf at freebsd.org wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 8:02 PM, Garrett Cooper <gcooper at freebsd.org> wrote:

>>> I just tried this on my MBP with parallels and it worked fine - I had maproot=0:0 though.

I ran into this same problem a while back but I did
eventually get it to work.

I can't remember now what the "client credential" in
question was; it's a pretty cryptic error message.

Here's my /etc/exports on Mac OS:

  /Users/tim -alldirs -mapall=tim -network 10.123.9.0 -mask 255.255.255.0

(Yes, I've changed the network addressing used by Parallels.)
Here's the mount command that works for me on FreeBSD:

   mount 10.123.9.101:/Users/tim /mnt

The FreeBSD VM has nothing at all NFS-related
in rc.conf---I recall playing with some options but backing
them all out.

I've since switched over to using another FreeBSD VM as NFS server,
which works well but eats battery.  As soon as
I can find the time to backup and reformat my Mac disk
so I can set aside a case-sensitive partition, I'll probably
switch back to having the Mac play NFS server.

Tim