Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Wed Nov 17 16:23:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 09:37:00 -0600, Alexander Best <arundel at freebsd.org>
wrote:

> 1) switching to a differnt tty worked, but i couldn't log in (input was
> simply
>    ignored)

I don't mean to derail this thread if this is completely unrelated, but
we've been having issues with FreeBSD 8.0 and 8.1 dying on our ESX 4.0
cluster. The usual result is that the machine stops responding to all
network activity and at the console you can switch ttys but it doesn't
accept any input. We can't find any absolute hard evidence yet, but we
think it might have to do with the preferred path changing to the SAN and
FreeBSD freaking out. Could this possibly be boiling down to the same core
issue?

Regards,

Mark