Compiling kernel with gcc43

Edward Tomasz Napierała trasz at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 25 19:41:48 UTC 2010

Wiadomość napisana przez Mario Lobo w dniu 2010-03-25, o godz. 17:24:
> 2010/3/24 Mario Lobo <lobo at bsd.com.br>
>>
>> Anyway,my question boils down to: Is there a way to build the kernel with
>> gcc43, with minimal tweaking? Am i attempting something out of my league?

This is what I use to compile kernel on 9.0-CURRENT/amd64:

CC=            /usr/local/bin/gcc44
CXX=           /usr/local/bin/g++44
CWARNFLAGS=    -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes \
               -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual \
               -Wno-pointer-sign -D__FreeBSD_cc_version=0 \
               -Wno-unused-function -Wno-inline -Wno-format \
               -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-missing-prototypes

Note that this is GCC 4.4.4, installed from ports.  Also, this will not
compile the world - only the kernel.  Also, they were a few fixes to make
this work; they were not MFC-ed, iirc; removing -Werror altogether should
work around these problems.

--
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my body?