[freebsd-hackers] need to edit /etc/ttys for console login

Mike Winter mike.winter at comcast.net
Fri Mar 19 18:40:18 UTC 2010

version 7.2 from cd. I installed freebsd 7.2 after booting from cd, going to prompt and doing set console="comconsole".

When I go to edit the /etc/ttys sysinstaller is just putting me back to prior menu. When I try through the sysinstall menu showing functions it says the file does not exist!

Without setting ttyd0 to 'vt100 no' I cant get a login prompt on console once I pull the cd and want access to console - before I can remote ssh in.

Pertinent advice and 'please use other mailer' responses welcome.

- Mike