Something rotten in ports (was Re: package building failure irritation)

Wesley Shields wxs at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 15 00:51:59 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 08:40:32PM -0500, jhell wrote:
> Rather simple way to go about creating final packages and from some
> earlier emails to the list there was word of some directories not being
> included in final built packages due to empty directories or something
> like that so be careful when/if considering something like this.

I believe you are talking about ports/144164 which was about RC scripts
not being included in a package when using package-noinstall. This is
currently in the hands of portmgr. It will have to wait until 7.3 is
out, at the earliest.

-- WXS