`make cleanworld` and /usr/obj/lib32/usr/src

jhell jhell at DataIX.net
Tue Mar 2 00:56:12 UTC 2010

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 19:45, alexbestms@ wrote:
> jhell schrieb am 2010-03-02:
>
>> On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 14:52, alexbestms@ wrote:
>
>>> oh. and btw: wouldn't it be reasonable to prevent a user shooting
>>> himself in
>>> the foot if he has the brilliant idea of setting "MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX
>>> = /" ?
>
>>> alex
>

>> Trying to match something like this is going to get out of control.
>> Though this is a nice idea but why should a user be prevented from
>> doing such things ?.
>
>> Boiling down these are not variables that usually have to be changed
>> and if they are changed the user has done a little bit of research
>> and is more advanced than most and recognizes that / is not a option.
>
> hmmm...so you think something like this won't be useful?
>
> alex
>
>> --
>
>> jhell

What about the case where MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX="/ usr/obj/dir". I suppose make
will fail in this case but I don't have anything to test this situation in
ATM.

But aside from that "typical user" never adjusts such things and it adds
just a slight bit more overhead to the build that can be avoided altoghter
by the user reading what they type.

--

  jhell