loader prompt: list / on other device

mdf at FreeBSD.org mdf at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 23 17:16:17 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 9:03 AM,  <rank1seeker at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've escaped to loader prompt:
> Current device is disk0s3a, from which this loader is running.
>
> My USB stick is device1 and device1s2a is UFS /, on which I would like to
> reach some file or simply list directory.

IIRC, there is no way to do this (but my memory is based on stable/7).
 I extended some Isilon stuff to add a 'bootdev' command to the loader
that would allow for selecting alternate boot disks.  I can see about
dusting that off and making a patch against CURRENT, if there is no
current way to do what you ask.

Cheers,
matthew