"Checksum mismatch -- will transfer entire file"

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Mon Jun 14 20:05:53 UTC 2010

Victor Sudakov <sudakov+freebsd at sibptus.tomsk.ru> wrote:

> I see nobody is ever going to fix this? Cvsup mails me a bunch of
> "Checksum mismatch" errors on every run, with a risk of overlooking
> real errors.

It is particularly egregious when a tag is laid down, like today.
csup(1) ends up refetching a big chunk of the tree from scratch
because so many files have these spurious checksum mismatches.
Personally, I don't care too much, but quite a bit of mirror bandwidth
is wasted this way.

> How do others deal with this noise? Do you grep cvsup output or what?

I optimistically assume that there are no real errors and I run
csup without -s once a week or so, just in case.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de