NFS write corruption on 8.0-RELEASE

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Fri Feb 12 17:54:26 UTC 2010

* Rick Macklem (rmacklem at uoguelph.ca) wrote:

> > Is it the hostname of the server or the client?
>
> My guess is that hades.panopticon (or something like that:-) is the

Yes, that is the client.

> As John said, it would be nice to try and narrow it down to client or
> server side, too.

I'm planning a massive testing for this weekend, including removing
soft mount option and trying linux client/server.

Btw, I forgot to mention that I'm experiencing other NFS problems from
time to time, including "death" of a mount (that is, all processes that
try to access it freeze; this cures itself in some time with a message
"server is alive again"). Also I've seen another strange thing - not
only the mount dies but the network is flooded with NFS traffic.
Last time I've seen it quite a while ago, so I don't remember the
circumstances and direction of the traffic.

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru