Is there a boot manager that can handle this?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 27 00:54:03 UTC 2010

On 8/26/2010 5:13 PM, Alex Goncharov wrote:
> ,--- You/Doug (Thu, 26 Aug 2010 16:47:39 -0700) ----*
> | Windows and the *1st* FreeBSD partition just fine, but if I try to boot
> | the 2nd FreeBSD partition grub just boots the first one again.
>
> Are you using a chainloader?

What you posted below seems like grub 1 syntax. The latest Ubuntu comes
with grub 2. Here is what I have in /etc/grub.d/40_custom (after the
required bits):
menuentry "FreeBSD 9-Current amd64" {
set root=(hd0,3)
chainloader +1