A simple and hopefully usable FreeBSD live CD

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 22 19:26:34 UTC 2010

On 08/22/2010 11:50, Ed Schouten wrote:
> 2. Would a CD like this be a good addition to the provided install
>     media? Does it actually solve shortcomings of the existing media?

Yes. I'd also like to add that I've always wanted to see dd added to the
livefs. I have in the past not-infrequently wanted a simple way to boot
FreeBSD from a CD and wipe an installed HD.

The changes you're actually asking about sound interesting and useful
too.  :)

Doug

			-- Pablo Picasso