Any way to fix '/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.11 required by ... not found'?

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 13 03:07:52 UTC 2010

>I'm trying to update graphics/lightspark-devel port to the latest
>version, and it's firefox plugin now doesn't load. The supposed reason
>for that is that the plugin is build with gcc 4.4+ (as it uses c++0x
>features), and firefox is built with our default gcc 4.2, thus libstdc++
>versions doesn't match -> dlopen fails.
>
>LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/lightspark->devel/liblightsparkplugin.so [/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.11 required by >/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/lightspark-devel/liblightsparkplugin.so not found]
>
>Is there a way to fix that, maybe some linker magic?

I don't know, since we don't have a dlmopen().  Have you tried using
libmap.conf(5) to use the newer libraries in ${LOCALBASE}/lib/gcc44 ,
rather than their base system counterparts, for firefox?  Or using
wrappers that set LD_LIBMAP or LD_LIBRARY_PATH, to attain the same
end?  The newer libraries are supposed to be mostly
backwards-compatible with the old.

b.