[RFC] The official logo for logo_saver?

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Wed Apr 7 09:19:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 09:18:09AM +0200, Dag-Erling Sm??rgrav wrote:
> Jung-uk Kim <jkim at FreeBSD.org> writes:
> > Although I really like logo_saver with Beastie, we have the official
> > FreeBSD logo and I think it is time to say good-bye to the old logo
> > image file.  The attached file is a drop-in replacement for
> > sys/dev/syscons/logo/logo.c.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I agree, please commit.

Mmm, not to belittle jkim's work in any way (thanks for taking
the time!), but... I wonder if this could somehow be made optional -
TBH, I really like the current/old/original logo_saver image :)
Of course, the new one is nice, too, and also official, but
I still like the old one just a little bit better :)

Maybe keep both arrays in the file and have a sysctl or something?
(yes, I know there are people who think that there are already
too many sysctl's and new ones shouldn't be added for trifles,
but still... :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at space.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
Key fingerprint	2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13