bug in pkg_add ? doesn't fetch dependencies from set path

Trever anti_spamsys at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 22 19:08:16 UTC 2009

Does anyone else have this problem?
# env | grep PACKAGEPACKAGESITE=ftp://ftp.ourdomain.gov/FBSD/# pkg_add -r subversion-1.6.5Fetching ftp://ftp.ourdomain.gov/FBSD/subversion-1.6.5.tbz... Done.Error: FTP Unable to get ftp://ftp.ourdomain.gov/All/pkg-config-0.23_1.tbz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)Error: FTP Unable to get ftp://ftp.ourdomain.gov/All/sqlite3-3.6.14.2.tbz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)Error: FTP Unable to get ftp://ftp.ourdomain.gov/All/gettext-0.17_1.tbz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)Error: FTP Unable to get ftp://ftp.ourdomain.gov/All/neon28-0.28.4.tbz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)

In plain English:pkg_add -r goes to the correct domain and path (per environment variable I set) to fetch the package I want to install, but when it goes to get the dependencies for the package it just correctly fetched, it subsequently fetches to the wrong path (goes to /All instead of /FBSD), though it does fetch to the correct domain.
This is a pain because our ftp server has many uses, and having an "All" directory in the root is ugliness (whether All is a link to FBSD or whatever, I don't want "All", I just want "FBSD").
I have tried various combinations of setting both or one of PACKAGESITE and/or PACKAGEROOT, just in case that would somehow help, but to no avail.  Of course it would seem that PACKAGESITE alone is what I want (but that and nothing else I have tried works).
Thank you much.
-T