RFC: Big Makefile patch for WARNS settings

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 12 10:52:07 UTC 2009

Dag-Erling Smørgrav escribió:
> Gabor Kovesdan <gabor at FreeBSD.org> writes:
>
>> What I noticed is that the patch sets WARNS?=0 for a lot of utilities,
>> which actually have higher WARNS-compliance.
>>

> WARNS level 0 is the current default.  All Ulrich's patch does is
> reverse the logic so that WARNS is 6 by default and anything that didn't
> already set WARNS explicitly sets it to 0, so the actual value of WARNS
> in each Makefile is the same as before.  This is orthogonal to actually
> fixing whatever doesn't currently build at a higher WARNS level.

Yep, I understand that but what I'm saying is that once we are dealing
with such a big patch, it would be nice to elaborate the highest WARNS
level of each utility and set them accordingly, which doesn't require
too much extra effort as opposed to making all of them WARNS=6 compliant.

--
Gabor Kovesdan
FreeBSD Volunteer

EMAIL: gabor at FreeBSD.org .:|:. gabor at kovesdan.org