[Fwd: HEADSUP: Call for FreeBSD Status Reports]

Daniel Gerzo danger at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 4 14:44:59 UTC 2009

Hello guys,

I would like to remind you about the FreeBSD Status Reports. The
deadline is set to October 7th, and to date I have received only 5
reports, which is very little (considering the fact we are now covering
almost 6 months).

If you think you have anything to share with the community through the
status report entry, please email us at monthly at freebsd.org as soon as
possible. It really doesn't have to be a whole article, just a few lines
about what you are working on.

Thank you!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: HEADSUP: Call for FreeBSD Status Reports
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:07:29 +0200
From: Daniel Gerzo <danger at FreeBSD.org>
To: current at freebsd.org, hackers at freebsd.org, stable at freebsd.org

Dear all,

I would like to remind you to submit your status reports as soon as
possible. Long time has passed since the last status reports were
released; and surely a lot has had happened since then.

Our developers are relaxed after DevSummit and EuroBSDCon in Cambridge,
which both were great! I believe a lot of stuff has been discussed
during these events (I hope we will have reports covering this too) and
since the last report a lot of things have happened. During that time,
two other conferences have been held (BSDCan and AsiaBSDCon), we have
released 7.2, not to mention that 8.0 is behind the door. Google Summer
of Code should be finished by now too, and we would like to hear about
its results.
Surely there are a lot more projects which are currently being worked
on, so please do not hesitate and write us a few lines - a short
description about what you are working on, what are the plans and goals,
so we can inform our community about your great work! It's useful for
you as well as our users!

Please note, the submissions for this quarter (well...rather halfyear,
because we should now cover 4-9/2009) are due by October 7th, 2009.

Please post the filled-in XML template to be found at
http://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-sample.xml to
monthly at FreeBSD.org, or alternatively use our web based form at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/monthly.cgi.

We are looking forward to see your submissions!

--
S pozdravom / Best regards
   Daniel Gerzo, FreeBSD committer