Long double support in FreeBSD?

Alexander Sack pisymbol at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:54:49 PDT 2009

Hello:

I'm working with building the Boost libraries and Boost.Math has long
double support stubbed out for FreeBSD (personally I don't need it
but..).  I believe looking at some historical threads about this over
the weekend and a lot of it was due to compiler GNUish bugs handling
long double math (I believe Bruce Evans had some patches at one point
but mentioned it was still crappy).

Can someone speak if the current compiler/BSD flavors support long
double math on a 64-bit capable CPU (LM=1)?

Thanks!

-aps