ATA driver update for 7.2RELEASE available

Søren Schmidt sos at deepcore.dk
Fri Jun 26 20:24:10 UTC 2009

Over the past months I've gotten huge amounts of requests for ATA
related things, so I've whipped up what I use here for FreeBSD 7.2-
Release.

This is a total replacement of the ATA driver, modulerized as in -
current, but based on my WIP not from what might have happend to -
current since I gave up maintainership.

There is a number of new chipsets supported in here that I dont think
is in any of the official sources (havn't checked in quite some time
though), mostly newish ATI, nVidia and Marvell chips (yeah those
buggers with both ATA & SATA ports).

You can find and install.sh script and a tarball of the needed files at:

http://www.deepcore.dk/pub/ATA

Put both in /usr/src and run install.sh.

As I dont subscribe to any of the mailing lists nor does my
FreeBSD.org mail address seem to work anymore, you will need to reply
to me directly if needed.

As always - Enjoy!

-Søren