REgarding TOS support in Kernel

john decot johndecot at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 2 16:57:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

     I am intermediate user of freebsd. While building squid with zph support, I got error regarding TOS as follows:

forward.cc: In member function 'void FwdState::dispatch()':
forward.cc:978: error: 'SOL_IP' was not declared in this scope

forward.cc:978: error: 'IP_RECVTOS' was not declared in this scope
forward.cc:982: error: 'IP_PKTOPTIONS' was not declared in this scope
*** Error code 1

   I have wrote to writer of zph and he suggest me to look for freebsd equivalent socket options calls to retrieve/set the TOS value. I am confused whether this will require kernel compile ? if yes what should we have to enable in kernel conf file.

      I will appreciate any suggestion and thanks in advance.

John