FBSD 7.0-p3 NIC driver problem (Realtek)

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:05:38 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, Fernando Apestegu?a wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I updated to 7.1-p3 on AMD64 arch.
>>
>> Since then, the NIC is not detected anymore. ifconfig doesn't show it
>> and I can't connect to the Internet.
>>
>> There were well-known issues with this NIC model before,

>> but the weird thing is that it seemed to be fine with
>> 7.1-RELEASE and newer till this -p3.
>
> Please identify the NIC more precisely with
>
>    pciconf -lv | grep -B2 Ethernet

re0 at pci0:2:0:0:	class=0x020000 card=0x2a6f103c chip=0x816810ec rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Realtek Semiconductor'
    device     = 'RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC'

>> It doesn't recognize the card in 4/5 boot sequences (really annoying).
>>
>> Anybody with this problem?
>
> If you can do 'ifconfig re0' and then the NIC is active, see this:

No, I can't. The re0 interface is not present. After executing the
command it is still missing.

Thanks for the help. Should you need more information or me doing some
tests, just tell me.