a little bit of c++ in kernel [module]

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Tue Feb 10 11:21:22 PST 2009

I've detected so far several postings on the lists where people ask
about such a small nits of having c++ kernel code that some people
already have some code in [subset of] c++ working kernel.

I wonder if there is any howto about that or maybe somebody is willing
to share his experience.

What interests me the most:
1. what subset of c++ is used
2. what compilation options/tricks are used
3. how much of run-time support had to be added to kernel (and if that's
code is available)
4. what else had to be changed in kernel code
5. so, how is it? :-)

I think that I am not the only with such interest.

P.S. no, I am not interested in re-writing the whole kernel in c++ or
any discussion on that topic, I am interested in a small controlled
injection.

--
Andriy Gapon