CFT: Graphics support for /boot/loader

Gonzalo Nemmi gnemmi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 19:24:13 PST 2009

On Thursday 05 February 2009 8:18:36 pm Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Hello fellow hackers,
>
> Some of you might remember that I'm working on graphics
> support for our /boot/loader.  Unfortunately, progress has
> been rather slow because of non-FreeBSD-related activity.
>
> Anyway, I have now prepared a tarball containing a loader
> binary for public testing.  If you are eager to give it a
> try, please feel free to do so.  It should work with any
> FreeBSD version on i386 and amd64 platforms.
>
> I have posted detailed instructions on the FreeBSD wiki:
>
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/OliverFromme/BootLoaderTest
>
> Any kind of feedback is welcome.
>
> Best regards
>    Oliver

No at problem in here ..
Just added
graphics_enable="YES"
beastie_theme="/boot/themes/default/theme.conf"
to my loader.conf after decompressing your file as explained in your page and
that was it .. it works like a charm ...

[gonzalo at inferna ~]% uname -a
FreeBSD inferna.inferna.com.ar 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Fri Dec 12
12:03:51 ARST 2008
root at inferna.inferna.com.ar:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/INFERNA  i386
[gonzalo at inferna ~]%

Thanks a lot for your hard work :D