AMD SB700 SMBus controller driver

Andriy Gapon avg at freebsd.org
Wed Aug 26 09:00:51 UTC 2009

on 26/08/2009 01:27  said the following:
> Could you please forward me the patch to make it work in polling mode ? I'd
> like to test it as I've been trying to make intpm work with a SB400 (which
> should be quite the same as yours) but system hangs when I try to force
> polling mode (didn't have the specs nor all the differences you just
> presented). And btw, I didn't find any implementation using interrupt
> neither but I'm ready to test your updated version.

[what charset/encoding was your email?]

Please see:
http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/ga-ma780g-ud3h/intpm.diff

The patch is work-in-progress and is not clean for this reason (style
violations, experimental hacks)

What the patch does:
1. redefine PCI_INTR_SMB_IRQ9 to 2 (bit 1)
2. disable writing to PCIR_INTLINE
3. add PCI id of my hardware
4. attempt to use IRQ mode with interrupt 20 - doesn't work
5. force polling mode - seems to work

--
Andriy Gapon