DTrace probes & klds

Thu Aug 20 06:37:43 UTC 2009

Quoting Daniel O'Connor <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> (from Wed, 19 Aug 2009
23:31:33 +0930):

> Is it possible? the handbook implies not and I can't get it to work, but
> i could be doing it wrong..
>
> I get fbt traces listed for KLDs (I get new entries for each load of the
> KLD which seems like a potential problem) but I can't specify an
> SDT_PROBE and have it work.

Can you show us some example code?

In
http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/user/netchild/linuxulator-dtrace/src/sys/compat/linux/linux_emul.c?revision=185383&view=markup I have code which worked at least at some point in time when loaded as a
KLD.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
A vacuum is a hell of a lot better
than some of the stuff that nature replaces it with.