sys/cdefs.h not included automatically

Alex Zimnitsky aavzz at yandex.ru
Tue Aug 4 11:37:02 UTC 2009

04/08/2009 в 02:26 -0300, Carlos A. M. dos Santos:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Alex Zimnitsky<aavzz at yandex.ru> wrote:
> > Hello, freebsd-hackers
> >
> > my system is 7.2-RELEASE
> >
> > there is a <sys/cdefs.h> which is included in a lot of headers, but a
> > few of them instead of including it, generate "#error this file needs
> > sys/cdefs.h".
> >
> > seems like an omission, but if it's intentional I'm curious why it is
> > so.
>
> Those files are not intended to be directly included by user programs.
> You usually include them indirectly. See, for instance, pthread.h and
> stddef.h.

OK, the reason of my asking was configure script in a 3rd party
application (namely apr-1.3.6) that generated strange warning about
sys/syslimits.h being good enoung for gcc but not for gcc -E.

it seems, they have a bug in checking for the presence of limits.h and
sys/syslimits.h and include them in a non-uniform manner later.

going to send them a patch

Alex