Where have all the vnodes gone?

Linda Messerschmidt linda.messerschmidt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 14:28:39 UTC 2009

Sorry, I did not mean to reply off-list.

(I had asked if the kernel options suggested were appropriate for a
production system.)

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 9:34 PM, Attilio Rao<attilio at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Penalties in term of overhead are pretty huge.

That would probably mean not putting it on that box.  Don't get me in
trouble! :)

> Did it happen in a production kernel?

Yes, very much so.

> For what I know, somebody could reproduce a vnodes leak randomly, you
> seem to be the only one who can reproduce it easilly and it would be
> very important to analyze the situation.

I will see if I can reproduce the behavior on a test box with these
options.  If it really is the rsync stuff we're doing, that should be
possible.