SoC 2009: Implement TCP UTO

wangfangcs wangfangcs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 14:32:13 UTC 2009

Hi, everyone!

My name is Fang Wang, a undergrad student from China. This is my first participating in google summer of code and this is my first time get involved in an open source community. I have some experience with linux but I am a newbie to FreeBSD. I have great interests in kernel and network stuff.
The aim of my project is implement TCP UTO in freeBSD tcp stack and write some test program to test the TCP performance. The TCP UTO(user timeout controls) how long transmitted data may remain unacknowledged before a connection is forcefully closed and it is a local, per-connection parameter. And it's described in RFC 5482.
For more details, you can visit my wiki page:http://wiki.freebsd.org/FangWang

Regards,
Fang Wang

2009-04-24