FreeBSD boot menu is missing

Peter Steele psteele at maxiscale.com
Thu Nov 27 11:55:54 PST 2008

>I wouldn't use a sysinstall script.

Yeah, I should probably have done it that way but I inherited the existing sysinstall framework from someone else and ended up extending it to use gmirror. I know more about this area now and I'd like to redo the whole thing, avoiding sysinstall. That will have to be a future project though.

>That's an entirely different matter...  that's why you use gmirror or
>graid or zfs or whatever, so you can swap out the drive online.

RAID is not an option for us, at least not for this particular problem. Long story.